1 Bell Push - 2 chime boxes

GM7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone .. looking for some advice with my doorbell system. I live in a fairly new house that has one doorbell and two chime boxes (one on the ground floor and one on the second floor). The second floor chime has never worked and i'm trying to figure out why.

I've disconnected the wire going from the first chime box to the second chime box for the moment. The first chime box is working on it's own and is wired up as per option 4b on this diagram (https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Friedland/117.pdf)

which terminals should the cable going to the second chime box be connected to?

Sponsored Links
upload_2020-12-15_14-44-8.png

Polarity ( and colour of wires ) not important.

Sponsored Links
If its not as Bernard can suggest then how about have the switch power a double pole relay (of whatever voltage the transformer produces) and each set of contacts replicate the push button on each bell.

not working :(

I assume both bells are the same type.

Terminals 0F and T3 are the connections to the solenoid coils. Connecting these to each other puts the two coils in parallel. They should then both energise when the button is pressed.

That said and as others have mentioned the transformer may not be able to provide enough power to energise two coils.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back