1 Pipe 2 Pipe towel rail *ock-up – help please!

Dear doitall and Whitespirit66,

Tks very much for your help. I now understand your removal of pipe ‘A’ (as sent by email by doitall and as shown on diynot by Whitespirit66’s diag).

Can I just be doubly sure on this:

It might be ‘relatively easier’ than I originally thought to do my solution 4 i.e. have separate runs to towel rail and WC rad. Would this be preferable to first attempting ‘B’ as on Whitespirit66’s diag before then doing ‘A’. ‘B’ is ‘easy’ but once we get to ‘A’ I’m not certain as yet if that is more difficult/troublesome to my solution 4?

My gut reaction is to try ‘B’ and turn lock shield down on WC rad and if that doesn’t solve overall problem re-visit the easiness of the other two – does that sound like a plan to you two?

Many thanks for your patience and guidance,

Stuart

Sponsored Links
OK new diags as follows:

View media item 14024
First would be to do ‘B’ and ‘hope’ it could make a difference.

If not then I have a choice between doing ‘A’ and again hoping it could make it work or as in below diag (my previous scenario 4) with totally separate run for bathroom.

View media item 14025
Please note that to undo the link you both discussed as shown in green and move it closer to bathroom rad is a major problem of ripping up tiled floor and therefore I need to try and avoid this if at all possible.

Cheers

Stuart

The 1st example is the best, but still no guarantee the bath rad will work.

By all means try it and and see.

Sponsored Links
I'm managing to get some more heat in to the towel rail (I've turned electric thermostatic element on to see if I can get the flow going and yes I will turn it off before knowing if by fluke it has sorted itself!) so I'm hoping against hope that if we do 'B' under WC rad I maybe lucky.....

The house is very toasty for an English August!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back