1" Shower Tray Gap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have reposted as job has come to a halt and any advice would be much appreciated..

I am retiling an old shower and have a 1" gap betwen tray and walls. What is the best way to fill this prior to tiling? What about packing with cardboard to 1" from top then cement with waterproofer added. Alternatively what about powder tile adhesive to which you add water or will that shrink?

Sponsored Links
what height is the tray from floor..

only thing i can think of is putting a 1 inch timber stud round this area and screwing a peice of cement backerboard ontop of the 1 inch stud and tile..

but you will want this stud secured to wall/floor in some way,can you get access under tray?

Hi,
I have reposted as job has come to a halt and any advice would be much appreciated..
It’s reposted because I stopped replying to your original thread & no one else appears to have picked it up apart from tictic on your new post.

To be perfectly honest, your comments on the previous thread about tiling over tiles & not wanting to board out (which was my immediate thought & where tictic is now coming from) left me in the position where I don’t agree with what your doing, feel it's doomed to failure & could not offer any further practical help; good luck with it ;)

Sorry i have not read your previous post mate, but reading between the lines on this one, i can see where Richard and davie (tictic) are coming from. What would be the point of a tradesman on here going along with your idea ( when he knows its wrong) then when it turns wron he would get bad posts on here saying " he said it was ok to do"

Please mate, take the tips you were given and do the job correctly, you only ever get the correct info on here.

Sponsored Links
What about packing with cardboard to 1" from top then cement with waterproofer added.
:eek:

I think you should fill the gap with macaroni cheese,not the tinned kind though and then grate extra cheese on the top and brown off with a blow torch to give a water tight finish. :LOL:

Alternatively you could follow the advice already given ;)

:D just read the op first post....well if it goes tats up.. by all means come back on,and the have a pop... :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back