100% efficient gas fire, how does that work

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Also, try not to buy FP, they are a carp company, but to be fair can be cheap. Don't expect help (at all) or parts after 5 years.

yeh, but they dont tell you that you have to have a 100cm2 vent to outside, 24/7 365 days a year.

hope you like a draft on you all the time with your 100% efficient gas fire :rolleyes:

also hope you like the fishy smell you get off it as-well.

never mind the fact it can kill you.

were as a electric fire does not need a bloody big air vent open 24/7 365 days a year losing all your heat in you home

A 100cm ² vent would only be 10cm x 10cm. Or 4" x4" in old money. Hardly going to make much of a freezing draft now. ;) ;) ;) ;)

If they are installed correctly it's fine...

Find a reputable gas fitter and get yourself a carbon monoxide monitor and stick it right above the fire and sorry but I don't see the problem.

yeh, but they dont tell you that you have to have a 100cm2 vent to outside, 24/7 365 days a year.
Yes, they do

hope you like a draft on you all the time with your 100% efficient gas fire :rolleyes:

Intelligent siting of vent

also hope you like the fishy smell you get off it as-well.
That is nonsense, never heard such a complaint

never mind the fact it can kill you.

Stats. im uncomfortable quoting the specific facts

were as a electric fire does not need a bloody big air vent open 24/7 365 days a year losing all your heat in you home

Elec OK for short bursts, but noisy and expensive (but I do sell them where apprropiate)

Another factor with flueless is the ammount of condensation that they produce......

DOH!!! I bit!

I notice you can buy a 100% efficient gas fire
I would be interested in knowing how they calculate the "efficiency"; I think it's meaningless for a gas fire. You could say that a gas hob was 100% efficient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back