1000m Door Opening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need sime advice please

I have a exact 1000m door opening including the lining.
I want to fit doors in ther. Iv looked around the best size i can get is 533mm wide door shaving over 33mm is a lot??

Please can i any one give advice what i can do would like glazed doors

Sponsored Links
Shirley shome mishtake, don't you mean 1000mm?

I want to fit doors in ther. Iv looked around the best size i can get is 533mm wide door shaving over 33mm is a lot??
33mm is far too much. Many doors have only a 6 to 10mm adjustment allowance. TBH a 1000mm masonry(?) gap sounds like the opening for a single 926mm wide DDA door, or do I have the opening size wrong

If you really want doors for this you may need to look for doors at 1981 x 457mm (6ft 6in x 1ft 6in) and build out the lining, but TBH they aren't that common

Sponsored Links
Need sime advice please

Please can i any one give advice what i can do would like glazed doors
Bit shy on info , where in property is opening , how will it be used ? Fully glazed ? 1/2 glazed? One door ? Two doors ? Panel and door? Room for sliding doors?
You need a minimum of 600 for a door in regular use at 500 they would have to be left open defeating the point of having doors.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back