10m wc feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Soon to change a WC and see that a lot of them have a 10m feed.
Is it Ok to use with a non mains feed? I live in a flat and cistern is fed from a tank nearby.
Any help thanks.

Sponsored Links
No, you'll be forever waiting for the cistern to fill.

Have you really seen that many 10mm pipes to a WC? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I'm looking for a compact size, the one's that I've seen in B& Q and Wickes are 10mm.
The pipe run is in 15m so if I reduced just before entry into the cistern to 10m would that help the flow at all?

If you insist on a 10mm feed WC then my advice is use as little 10mm as possible and make the 15mm run right up to the WC connection point.

... and hopefully your gravity pressure is good enough to fill your cistern quick enough for your liking.

Whats the pressure like in your 'tank fed' taps?

absolutely, it would make a noticeable difference to stay with 15mm as far as you can, the valve itself is a restriction and the last little bit of 10mm will make little difference. as long as it is kept minimal.

how much head do you have? in metres?

thanks for your replies.
It's in a flat so not much head about 1 mtr from bottom of cistern to bottom of cold water tank.
The flow out of the taps from the nearby sink is quite good but then thats in 15m throughout.

You will need a mains feed to that cistern :idea: sounds like a european one with that 10mm feed - and all of europe has used mains pressure for years ;)

as others have said,, it wont be great, but you can only pee woth the c**k you have got, however the best way to do it isd to get a 15mm FI adaptor, with a brass bush (i think 10mm is 3/8", so you want a 1/2"MI x 3/8" FI bush) screwed into it fitted right onto the ballcock, rather than any 10mm pipe at all,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back