10mm manifold confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I am looking to add a new rad to the spare room and have located a manifold under the floorboards. All the existing pipework to the rads is in 10mm and hence all the ports on the manifold are 10mm. Having looked closely at the manifold I am confused about the flow and return set up. There does not seem to be any logic to the f&r set up. Some are on opposite sides, as I would expect, some both go to top ports and some are next to each other on the same side. The existing system works fine by the way. How does this manifold work? I would have thought there would be some sort of internal separation for the f&r.
I have spare ports on the top, left and right but I'm not sure where I should connect my new pipes to?
Many thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Bi directional TRV's will allow flow/return to flow in either direction, i guess that what you have just now, So as long as you take a supply from both flow/ret, you can pipe the new rad without worrying.
Al

See the recent thread on leaks at a manifold. There is a division between the two halves of a tubular manifold, and if there is a spare port at each side of the centre point, it will be flow on one side and return on the other. The flow end will warm up first upon start up from cold.

Sponsored Links
There is a division between the two halves of a tubular manifold
Only if it is a Micrafold manifold.
This, being a Micrafold does:
31585532_WM12-87101-HR.jpg

These types of manifold do not:
04201739_1496-80073-HR.jpg
thumb_YF_Main_1481_22.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back