10mm radiator feeds. Help required

Sponsored Links
The bit about battens - that's what i thought was involved, the plumber just quoted for the job. I'm sure he'd have known it was dot and dab onto blockwork.

...dont know why I mentioned cash to be honest. Its just this funny thing that they all say they'll do it cheaper if you give them a wad of notes...

Ive got thermalite inner blocks which the plasterboard is dot and dabbed to (so i can't batten out a frame). This means i've got the block, approx 15mm cavity then 9mm plasterboard. The radiators are going to be quite heavy (upwards of 30kg when full), so I need a suitable fixing for the thermalite blocks.

These work http://www.drylinepro.com/

The problem i'm envisaging is that each wall bracket only has a 17mm gap between fixing holes, are these too close together for using in thermalite??

Just use 1 screw hole per bracket and ask the radiator supplier for 2 additional brackets,to spread the load.

still around £300 for the first radiator plus material,vat,etc :p

Sponsored Links
Cash is irrelevant.

You said 2 visits.

I and most would work by the hour let’s assume it’s done in 3 hours no one gonna allow less average hourly rate would be around £75+ vat.
I would be £90/hr+ vat.

A quick update:

Radiator all fitted now and 15mm pipe soldered on, just waiting for the plasterer to come round and finish up. Took a little bit longer than i'd hoped, the skirting was fixed on with some pretty hardcore helical fixings. Started at 9, finished by 2.
IMG_8873.jpg
IMG_8877.jpg
IMG_8879.jpg

Big thanks to Old&Bold for the suggestion of the dryline-pro fittings, they're fantastic.

All the radiators are drop-fed from upstairs, does anyone have any suggestions on decent looking, angled drain valves as i'll have to add these to all my other rads.

original rad looks better.new one looks like its from an old primary school.

I'd be very quiet about people's use of grammar, (including, apostrophes, capitalisation, starting sentences with "And" as well as a few other things I was taught before primary school) if I were you. (y)

something like this

Ive got thermalite

i've got the block

thermalite

what i thought

. Its just

little bit longer than i'd hoped

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back