10mm2 shower cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I won't bore you all with the details, but I would like to join two pieces of 10mm2 cable together for my 9.5kW shower.

I cannot seem to find any "junction boxes" over 30A.

Maybe I am searching for the wrong name.

Can anyone tell me where I might find such an item?

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

I know you should avoid joins but this is impossible this time. It is in a loft space not behind plaster or anything.

And I tried to search for how to join two bits of 10mm2 together but I was having no luck, so I thought I was searching for the wrong name. Maybe junction box isn't the correct phrase.

Please help!

you will not find crimps big enough (not to mention the crimper (they do exist, but cost a fortune)

change the cable is the best option as if you do use a "junction box" (they do exist under a different name) you must have access to it, and they are some what big to say the least, also by the time you got them, paid for p & P a new cable will be cheaper (almost)

Sponsored Links
I cannot replace the cable. It doesn't matter how big they are. I will have access to it. At this moment in my life, convenience is priority and cost doesn't matter.

Can someone tell me what name to search for?

i was thinking of henly blocks, but if cost doesnt matter why not change the cable? it would be safer

Of course he can, if he really wants to.

The trouble is his main priority is convenience.

If cost does not matter, change the cable. If convenience is a high priority, pay someone else to do it, thus making it less inconvenient.

Problem solved.

And think laterally. I will shortly need to replace my 6mm² with 10mm² in readiness for a bigger shower.

Rather than rip up floorboards etc I'm going to go through the wall next to the CU and run SWA up into the loft space via the eaves, and thence to the switch etc for the shower....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back