110 branch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible/allowed to fit a 110 branch immediately behind an existing loo, to connect in another loo?
There is an existing toilet and they want to fit a toilet in the next room (about 2m between the current loo and the proposed new loo). There is no access to the stack as it has all been built around, the only place to fit a branch is in the short length of soil pipe that sticks out the wall and goes into the existing pan.

Sponsored Links
Is it possible/allowed to fit a 110 branch immediately behind an existing loo, to connect in another loo?
There is an existing toilet and they want to fit a toilet in the next room (about 2m between the current loo and the proposed new loo). There is no access to the stack as it has all been built around, the only place to fit a branch is in the short length of soil pipe that sticks out the wall and goes into the existing pan.

Possible...yep, you know it`s possible....will it work?... not really, unless you don`t mind other peoples Richard the Thirds washing up your behind whilst you are reading `The News of the World` or `Guardian`. Whatever floats your ...ahem..boat? The bog needs it`s own outlet to main stack otherwise everybody would be bangin them in side by side wouldn`t they?

Opinions are like bum-holes, everybody has one and most of them stink...

Not half as the set up you`re proposing. :rolleyes:

It is possible but you would need to set the correct fall on the pipes, else the furthest W.C. will block very quickly. If its set right then the waste from furthest W.C. should go straight past its companion next door into the stack.

Have a look at Osma (Wavin) website, if you search WC manifolds, then click on it in document results you should see a diagram of how it should be done. Cant get link to work otherwise i'd post it.

A pic or drawing would be the best plan, for starters.

I would be very surprised if you can't do something.

Sponsored Links
It is possible but you would need to set the correct fall on the pipes, else the furthest W.C. will block very quickly. If its set right then the waste from furthest W.C. should go straight past its companion next door into the stack.

Have a look at Osma (Wavin) website, if you search WC manifolds, then click on it in document results you should see a diagram of how it should be done. Cant get link to work otherwise i'd post it.

It can`t be done if you have 2 toilets at 2 metres apart as far as i am aware, for one the further toilet would need to be raised at a higher distance from the other toilet. A manifold is completely different. ;)

It can`t be done if you have 2 toilets at 2 metres apart as far as i am aware, for one the further toilet would need to be raised at a higher distance from the other toilet. A manifold is completely different. ;)

I can assure you it can be done Legion :rolleyes:

No, you tell me how it can be done, or indeed tell OP. ;) We are all waiting.Does it tell you how to be a plumber?

Thanks for the replies.
As it stands there is an existing toilet in a room and they are adding a cloakroom in the next room. I have run the soil pipe from the new toilet position to the back of the existing toilet (approx 2m between them) I have raised the new toilet by approx 50mm (1:40). I plan to fit a branch in behind the existing toilet, to allow me to connect the new soil pipe/toilet.
My biggest worry is, what Legion suggested, where the turds will find their way out the existing toilet when the new toilet is flushed.
From what I can gather the 4" goes from behind the existing loo into a 6" stack but there is no way of getting to the stack, unless the side of the building is removed first.
I may have to go down to my local to see how they have run the waste pipes for the loos ;)

PS I said no to the job but the builder insists that it is done this way. I suggested a Sani-flow (smaller pipe, no messing around with toilet heights and easy to boss into the existing soil pipe etc) and he said the budget does not allow for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back