120mm studwork on a wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

We have a new toilet waste coming down from the loft into the room below to connect to the existing 110mm waste. This will go pretty much across all of the brick wall in the room below to make the connection so we will be putting studwork on the whole wall to hide the new waste. As the waste is 110mm the studwork of course needs to be approx 120mm deep. So how do I go about attaching studwork this deep to the wall ?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Fix the frame floor floor to ceiling, not to the wall.

120mm does not allow for the pipe brackets or the insulation wrap.

I see yes - just like a standalone stud wall then.

Ok, the waste will be fitted before the studwork so I will just workaround whatever depth it is.

Thank you.

Also, thinking about this more, the waste pipe will of course be interrupting the studwork as it travels diagonally across the wall. So how do I fix the studwork around the waste ?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Can't you just box it in at ceiling level and in a corner where it drops vertically? Seems a lot of space to waste.

Surely a new external soil stack would be preferable to running it across an internal wall?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back