12v bathroom fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,

I have a bath room fan that I am having trouble with.

It has a 12v converter that has incoming

L/N/LS

0v/12v/LS

On the fan it has neutral. Permanent luve and then LS

normal fans we install just have 12v/0v

My question is what is LS AND how would I wire it up.

Would I have to use 3core +cpc

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
My question is what is LS AND how would I wire it up. Would I have to use 3core +cpc
Is it a timer fan?

What is the '12V converter' being fed from?

Make and model of both fan and 'converter' would be helpful.

Kind Regards, John

The converter is fed from a fused spur that takes it power from the switched live from the bathroom fan so the fan will come on when the light switch is pulled

It is a man rose but not sure which one. It is like the one below

Many thanks

So. The fuse spur is fed from the light, from the load, live and neutral go into L/N in the converter. Then from the converter there is a 1.5 twin and earth

Sponsored Links
It's a 240V fan.
The one in the posted instructions is, but that's a Screwfix one, and the OP's is said to be Manrose, and he merely said that his was 'like' the one in the instructions.

What the OP has said about the labelling of the terminals on the fan certainly suggest that it's probably a 230V/240V one, but I think we need some far more precise information before we can say/advise anything muvch.

In the meantime, the OP would certainly be advised to look at the fan and see if it says that it is a 12V one!

Kind Regards, John

As PBoD has said:

12V fans do not have a SL or LS timer connection. It is timed by the transformer.

I have a bath room fan that I am having trouble with.
It has a 12v converter that has incoming
L/N/LS

On the fan it has neutral. Permanent luve and then LS
normal fans we install just have 12v/0v

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back