14 year old Worcester Heat slave 25/32 - Thermostat options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if any of you fine folk can provide some guidance

We have a 14/15 year old floor standing Worcester Bosch Heatslave Combi 25/32 (Oil) which is fitted with a 2 stage heating programmer / timer and no thermostats. The timer can be programmed to switch on \ off twice a day.

We moved in to our house a couple of months ago (Which thermally is sound)

We've quickly found that the house heats up very quickly when the heating comes on but the boiler still runs on even when its up to a comfortable temp in the house - we are probably using a lot more oil than is necessary.

All rads have TRV's which are set to 2.5 (about half way up). One rad (Bathroom) is on 5 or 'full' as recommended by an engineer who came to service the boiler recently. They all get hot and I don't think there are any air pockets anywhere.

Seeing as this is an older oil appliance (we can't afford to replace it just yet) do I have any options as to getting some room stats wired in? I would consider wireless also...If so can anyone recommend the sort of thing I should be looking at and what kind of costs we are likely to face?

We are in County Durham (Crook) if anyone on here wants to recommend an installer or quote for any work that may be required.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

John

Sponsored Links
If you consult the Manufacturer's instructions on line, you will se the PCB has the thermostat connections clearly marked. Wireless will be more easily installed at this stage, so take your pick from any of the dozen or so makes available. Honeywell, Danfoss or ACL are the biggest players, but there are many other respectable makes. See what is on offer locally at the best price.

Sponsored Links
If you consult the Manufacturer's instructions on line, you will se the PCB has the thermostat connections clearly marked. Wireless will be more easily installed at this stage, so take your pick from any of the dozen or so makes available. Honeywell, Danfoss or ACL are the biggest players, but there are many other respectable makes. See what is on offer locally at the best price.

Thank you for the for replies fellas. I've managed to dig out the manual and of course, the boiler does have connection terminals for a thermostat. Some research and reading required before I try to tackle it I reckon... Any idea how much a competent heating engineer would charge to fit one of these (Like the one muggles posted)?

Honeywell T6R-HW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back