15 inch thick garage base advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have to remove my garage to make way for a new single story extension the size is 4mt x 6mts so a lot of it...... i have a kango 900 which is a powerfull tool but its making very slow progress on this thick concreat which is around 50 years old,,, what i need to know is what should i hire for the job? any advice from any one who comes across thick concreat in there line of work

Sponsored Links
Yes a rock hammer on a digger if its that thick.

But more likely not. Your probably digging up the foundation and weakening the structure.

A Hilti TE 3000 AVR is the most powerful hand held breaker.

just drilled in the center of the garage base it was approx 13 inch,, the kango cut into the end but is painfuly slow,, how ever the hilti you mention looks interesting,,

Sponsored Links
Get one of the big Bosch breakers. Not sure the model. Might still be a task at 13" but the Kango is a non-starter. I had the same issue. Own a Kango, breezed some 4" concrete paths but give it 6" and it struggled. The Bosch breaker I had no trouble with.

just a quick update,,, i ended up with an hydrolic braker from the hire shop,, it managed to get the job done but was hard work as towards the end it was 18 inch thick,,, and seemed to range between 10 to 12 inch,, so job done and thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back