150mm or longer eye coach screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As above, does anyone know any sources for these? Really struggling to find any.

Size around m8 would be good, m10 also.

They are needed to get a good fixing through a wall that has 100mm external insulation, and I want to fit a sun shade sail.

Alternative suggestions also welcome....

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
screw eyes are not usually that long. When you said "through the wall" I thought you meant out the other side so you can put a nut on it.

you mean a screw thread going into a plasplug or something.

edit
maybe use a long eyebolt going into a shield anchor such as a rawlbolt. AFAIK they are just a standard metric thread so won't know you are using a different brand of bolt. You might have to trial-fit and then lock a nut and washer onto the thread, unless you can find a way to tighten them.
s-l400.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M6-M8-M1...hash=item2123321d3d:m:mlxRkud_f-ndcLeap741ukA
as I have not seen them with such a long shaft.

Or you could use resin injection.

As it is outdoors I would use a stainless eyebolt with a forged head.

There are bolts used by installers of external wall insulation, I haven't looked at one to see how they work. Maybe Knauf or Kingspan list the bolt.

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Thanks John,

I meant 'through to the wall', as in through the insulation and into the solid substrate.

Those you suggested could do the job, as you say it's just the need to get a lock nut and washer, without having to make the hole too big....

I think if I go with that (Stainless like you say), I will do a test one on a spare block before committing to a hole in the house!

Would it not make more sense to attach (by bolts/screws whatever) an eye plate to the wall?

Would it not make more sense to attach (by bolts/screws whatever) an eye plate to the wall?

Nothing will give a stronger hold than either a Rawl bolt fixing or resin fix. It depends on what amount of weight and force will have to be considered.

I cant see its been mentioned but shouldn't one have the fixing bolt running inside a tube to transfer the pressure to the masonary to avoid crushing Tha insulation?
litl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back