15mm flow/return straight out of boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Isit ok 2 plumb in a new boiler in 15mm flow and return pipes? Boiler is a 30 kkilowat glow worm betacom. thanks

Sponsored Links
It all depends on the total wattage of the radiators :!:

its abedsit 3 rads under window, tiny ones & one in kitchen & hall, far too small for a 30kilowatt i would have thought ( the total must only be around about 7-10 kilowatts)

It all depends on the total wattage of the radiators :!:

its abedsit 3 rads under window, tiny ones & one in kitchen & hall, far too small for a 30kilowatt i would have thought ( the total must only be around about 7-10 kilowatts)

Don't forget that the Betacom is a combi, so the size of the boiler is determined by the hot water requirement not the heating. You say it is a bed- sit, what hot water outlets do you have? A 30kW boiler seems excessive. Who suggested it?

Sponsored Links
quote="D_Hailsham";p="752732"]

It all depends on the total wattage of the radiators :!

Don't forget that the Betacom is a combi, so the size of the boiler is determined by the hot water requirement not the heating. You say it is a bed- sit, what hot water outlets do you have? A 30kW boiler seems excessive. Who suggested it?

i was under the impression that boiler sizing was a result of calculating the total kilowatt of all radiators?

Think you will be okay for 4 small rads in 15 mm.

I have seen 8 rads supplied in 15 mm and it has worked but not good practice. :(

Combi boilers require an output of at least 24 kW, preferably more, to deliver hot water to the taps. The heating load is unlikely to be anywhere near as much unless you have a very big and drafty house. Your heating load is probably no more than 5 kW (easily carried by 15mm tube).

Hailsham was referring to the sizing of flow and return pipes, not the sizing of the boiler!

Combi boilers require an output of at least 24 kW, preferably more, to deliver hot water to the taps. The heating load is unlikely to be anywhere near as much unless you have a very big and drafty house. Your heating load is probably no more than 5 kW (easily carried by 15mm tube).

Hailsham was referring to the sizing of flow and return pipes, not the sizing of the boiler!

Ah haaa, thanks Chris so rule of thumb is 24kw or more for water then tot up kilowatts for rads and add them on for total boiler size?

Why do most plumbers install lengths and lengths of 22mm pipe then in modest houses?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back