15mm copper tube will do.
8KW heat load.
70F/50R - 20Delta T
20M tube length, 10elbows, 2tees.
Flow rate 0.35M3/h
Water velocity 0.55M/s
Pressure drop 0.9 mWC
Pressure drop 2.8mWc/100M

Stick in 22mm main F&Rs, you know it makes sense!!

And as you know, that velocity is un acceptable, so better make the pipe smaller.lol

Sponsored Links
Have they learnt nothing from the CC Lee???;)
Fook me lets not talk about sizing LLH's. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Back to school you lot....100 lines to boot..:ROFLMAO:

And before anyone takes offence... I was referring to birds of a feather... Bit of a twitcher, am I.

I like nothing better than a pair of tits
And as you know, that velocity is un acceptable, so better make the pipe smaller.lol

I must confess Lee, I've not even looked at the new type of circulation pump curve.

Sponsored Links
@PullerGas has nothing to do with pump curve, we're talking velocity =sludge/erosion thus pipe sizing basics

Velocity m/s of heating should be?

Have they learnt nothing from the CC Lee???;)
Fook me lets not talk about sizing LLH's. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Back to school you lot....100 lines to boot..:ROFLMAO:
They've learnt loads, made little spreadsheets etc and in an attempt to do an agile and impress the masses they get it all arse about face!

My spreadsheet is mahooooosive actually :p

Here Dan you're fitting all these Intergas boilers that never break down, so you'll never get any repair work!!! Now your spreadsheet is out of control!! FFS could things get much worse??!!

Oh dear Jon!!!!

Not really @LeeC you seem to have missed my previous posts, I have since recommended Ferroli and Lamborghini as the best advice. I'm done with the Mods on this side of the site. Yes, I gave 10 year old info but said with enough conviction people believe it as does someone more agile than me. It's time for this site to appreciate what those do to keep it going or let them slip away along with the post counts.

Oh and I still stand by 15mm primaries are not adequate for an 8 rad system.

Love you though Lee and have some aniseed rock waiting for you.

Jon

The answer is 7, always 7.

It's easier just not to post than confuse agile with your answers.

15mm will easy do 8 rads in fact at a decent velocity it will do more than double that.

It's not rocket science FFS....
Copper tube load limits for a velocity of 1m/s.
15mm ...0.145 X 20 dt X 4.2 = 12.1kw.
22mm....look up volume per metre length of tube...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back