15mm gas inlet pipe, how big a problem?

Bahco said:
You ARE making a meal out of this :rolleyes:

The Corgis have told you that you will need either 22 or 28 mm piping.

Get it sorted. End of. :D

Yes, but two corgi registered plumbers said that it wouldn't be a problem. So I was just trying to get third and fourth opinions.

We are planning to "get it sorted", but what I've been trying to determine recently is the urgency of replacing the piping. The pipes are laid through the concrete floor of the house, so ideally we'd want to replace them alongside a major redecoration which we are in no financial position to undertake at the moment.

My last post here was really just for other people's info. What I really want is the name and address of the person who made the decision when the house was built so I can go round and smack them round the head with a section of 15mm piping. :evil:

Thanks for everyone's constructive advice on this one.

Sponsored Links
Its a crucial part of the boiler installation and will be covered in the price otherwise the boiler cannot be passed off. If the low pressure caused no problems it would be classified 'not to current standards' which is unacceptable for a new installation and if it caused problems it would be 'at risk'...again a bad thing. If it has less than a 1mb drop across the pipework then all will be fine. I may be missing something but I don't see why it's your problem.

ollski said:
Its a crucial part of the boiler installation and will be covered in the price otherwise the boiler cannot be passed off. If the low pressure caused no problems it would be classified 'not to current standards' which is unacceptable for a new installation and if it caused problems it would be 'at risk'...again a bad thing. If it has less than a 1mb drop across the pipework then all will be fine. I may be missing something but I don't see why it's your problem.

Thanks Ollski, that's reassuring.

The only reason it would be my problem is if the plumber was untrustworthy. As it is the first time I have used this particular plumber, and as I have been unfortunate in the past (e.g. a previous service had evidently "fixed" the problem of a faulty low pressure indicator by disconnecting it) I would rather err on the side of caution. This is an unfortunate reflection of modern life and is in no way specific to plumbing!

Thanks to all your advice I now know what the plumber should be checking and what reading he should be getting.

Oh, by the way, when you say "It's" a crucial part of the boiler installation which will be covered in the price. Do you mean just the test is covered, or do you mean replacing accessible pipework as necessary?

Ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back