15mm OK for internal condensate piping?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Given the low flow rate is it OK to use 15mm for a 3m internal condensate plastic pipe run from the boiler (condensing replacement, to be installed) to the kitchen sink. It has to go through one brick wall and and behind a free standing fridge which is why I'd like it to be fairly thin and inconspicuous.

I have emailed Worcester Bosch Group and they replied (on the same day!)

Unfortunately only 22mm condense pipe work can be used.
It is an industry standard that the condensate pipe comes in that size.

I also emailed Vaillant and heard nothing. I have searched around and I am surprised that noone else has asked the same question. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
They told you, no smaller than 22mm standard overflow pipe. you must follow MI rules don't give yourself problems.

Basically that.

I dont know what the options are in terms of using a tundish and 15mm from there?

Daniel

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the comments. I'm going to go with 22mm. Can always replace it with 15mm in 2 or 3 years time if it turns out that this is fine.

No you can't

The manufactures instructions will say minimum 19/22mm

If using a condensate pump they usually use right down to 10mm.
Plastic naturally.

The 22 mm condensate is just working with the idea that there is a steady fall and to prevent blockages.

Let common sense prevail.

Many thanks for the comments. I'm going to go with 22mm. Can always replace it with 15mm in 2 or 3 years time if it turns out that this is fine.

why don't you listen ffs it's got to be plastic not copper ie overflow pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back