15mm or 10mm Hep2O for rads?

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hi there,

Starting to get a shopping list together for my central heating. The old system i've just pulled out was 15mm copper to all rads, so I was assuming i'd replace with 15mm. I just noticed Hep2O do a 10mm pushfit TRV though so I'm thinking about 10mm too.

Are there any pros and cons to be aware of? I'm planning on running individual rad runs from an accessible manifold (close to the combi) to eliminate joints under the floors. My longest rad run would be about 6m. Would using 10mm be too restrictive for this length? Apart from a slight cost saving going 10mm, seems I may as well just use 15mm anyway, or is there any disadvantage i've missed with a bigger bore for central heating? (can only think of increased flexibility of 10mm - see my other thread on bending).

Oh - and does anybody else (eg speedfit) do pushfit TRVs, or do most people tend to just adapt a standard TRV to pushfit if they're running plastic all the way to rads?

Cheers,

Liam

Sponsored Links
lots of manufacturers make push fit valves.

didn't know hep made any.

they look carp.

visible 10mm looks carp too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back