15mm pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

In a slight dilemma, were cracking on with our build and I've installed all the hep20 pipework for the heating and cold water feeds.

Insulation is in and boarding has begun both sides. I've just done some research, admitted afterwards in hindsight should of done it beforehand, I've drilled 16mm holes using a spade for the pipes in all the stud walls, the pipe is 15mm. Does this mean now I have to remove all the insulation and plasterboard, pull all the pipes out and go round re-drilling all the holes, or will everything be ok?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Might squeak and click a bit as it heats and cools. Up to you whether that's going to be a problem or not

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies, I suppose just worried incase it causes the pipework to malfunction and cause leaks in the walls and not able to expand as much compared to the normal 18mm hole.

A little squeak or clicking isn't an issue, the cottage is over 300 years old. Plenty of creaking already

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back