160mm clay collar to 110mm plastic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A gully on my patio has never worked so I thought I'd take the oppourtunity in the sunshine today to excavate and establish what was wrong , however I'm a bit stumped now.

The gully itself looked like it was full of concrete and the Y that led to the gully also seemed to have been blocked off. I want to fit a new plastic gully and tidy up some of the old pipework, replacing with plastic.

However, the Y connects to a 160mm clay pipe but just sits in it loose as it is 110mm. I assume it was mortared in and the mortar has eroded over time. My question is how to connect 110mm plastic to a 160mm clay socket?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Nope thats plastic to clay you need a clay to plastic adapter

I'm going in circles here! The ones have found are sockets but it needs to go into a socket! I suppose a sensible thing would be to call the suppliers and ask!

Are you sure it's 160mm pipe? The sockets on those old salt glazed pipes are rather large, you need to check the internal diameter of the pipe, and make sure you're not measuring the collar!

Are you sure it's 160mm pipe? The sockets on those old salt glazed pipes are rather large, you need to check the internal diameter of the pipe, and make sure you're not measuring the collar!

I agree it almost certainly 4" clay. the op needs to go into a builders merchant with a tape measure

If the op got the UG 464 I think it would fit perfectly

When the Y is in the socket it moves around with tons of play, the socket is also noticeably larger than the others on the pipe upstream. I'll get some more pics...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back