17mm grey plastic pipe - reduce to 15mm?

Ian, the op said "In my house I have a 17mm grey plastic cold feed water pipe" hence my reply it could be Durapipe, he stated the age of the house not the pipe.

Metric PE pipe is measured by the Outside Diameter ;).
sorry Jim I will not re post in this , I have repect for you and in no way am I saying you are wrong but we can only go on the information that we have and the OP has posted that he has grey PE pipe fitted in the 30s and it is 17mm, it can not possibly be fitted in the 30s Durapipe was not even thought of then

Sponsored Links
Hi all, I've no idea when the pipe itself was fitted whatsoever. It was painted over by the previous owner so cannot get any writing on it etc.

I cut through some recently to change a toilet and had to put a philmac coupler on it however I'd rather not have to spend so much money again on it.

Is there anything else i can get, pref. from plumb base / plumb centre / b and q or wickes etc.

It is definitely 17mm

Sponsored Links
Hr do you live in Wiltshire by any chance ? There is a certain town full of this **** e pipe if memory serves it is 3/8th

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back