17th Edition Consumer Unit Photos

Sponsored Links
Aye, the thing to remember with RCDs (RCBOs, RCCBs etc) is that whatever current flows down the phase for the RCD must return via the neutral side of the same RCD.
If any it is mis-wired so either more or less current flows in the neutral than in the phase then it will trip.

Aye, the thing to remember with RCDs (RCBOs, RCCBs etc) is that whatever current flows down the phase for the RCD must return via the neutral side of the same RCD.
If any it is mis-wired so either more or less current flows in the neutral than in the phase then it will trip.

Aye, but isnt this case with everything what flows down the phase must equal and balanced back doon the Neutral aye?, so as long as all your neutrals from the correct side of the RCD is connected correctly on the proper neutral rail everything will be ok aye?

Yes, the only time that you shouldn't have the neutral equalling the phase is when there is a fault and current flows in the CPC or another path such as a person which is what an RCD is designed to protect for.

Sponsored Links
If you knew much about the shockingly nasty wylex CU's, you would know how small the cut-outs are in the base ;)
http://www.screwfix.com/cats/A337707/Drill-Bits/Holesaws/Sets ;)

Ah now come on :LOL: :D

I obviously use holesaws when required, and did on that CU for the trunk, and to be honest on the rear too as I hate large gaping holes from removing the knockouts.

The tails enter via the 'factory' removable knockouts (which do not knockout). Perfect size for 2 x 25 DI and a 16 GY. IP2X. I will glady pop back past and a take a photo :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back