17th edition regs, particularly gas and water bonding.

Sponsored Links
See my edit of the last post, those forms are available to anyone and everyone.

If they are with a scheme provider they should offer you a warranty facility, they do have two months to do this though. I present mine with the certificates.
If they have installed system or parts of system that does not conform to part p/BS7671:2008. You can inform their scheme provider, there is a complaints procedure and this will be logged against them.
But you should be able to find them here http://www.competentperson.co.uk/ as already mentioned.

I doubt they are members, they use generally available forms and don't appear on the competent person website.
They also think it is OK to omit main protective bonding (and log it) so their knowledge of the regs is poor to say the least. I bet there's more issues that can be picked up on which is why I said to get a proper sparks to have a look to see how bad it actually is.

Sponsored Links
I doubt they are members, they use generally available forms and don't appear on the competent person website.
They also think it is OK to omit main protective bonding (and log it) so their knowledge of the regs is poor to say the least. I bet there's more issues that can be picked up on which is why I said to get a proper sparks to have a look to see how bad it actually is.
In conclusion.
I would agree!

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.

Sleep tight. I now have to stop fretting about the money we've wasted!

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.

Sleep tight. I now have to stop fretting about the money we've wasted!
Worst case you can always make a stink with trading standards.
But the most important thing right now, is getting your installation safe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back