18, 28, 36Volt DeWALT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I need a new cordless, preferebly DeWALT, there seems to be 18 , 28 and 36Volt models available and lower voltage models as well, I suppose the higher the voltage the higher the power.

Any pros/cons/ recommends from one voltage system to another i.e. weight, charging time availability of spares etc.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Each voltage range has a purpose. The 18V combi was a good compromise for me. Depending on what you using it for, e.g, driving and light drilling then a 14.4V may suit you fine. If you are doing some masonry drilling with some heavier drilling then the 18V combi falls in your bracket. Generally the consensus is that the more the voltage the heavier the drill. With the new lithium batteries that will reduce the weight somewhat.

If you say what you're requirements are (Professional or heavy DIYer) a drill can be matched to it. Also don't get hung up on dewalt they have gone downhill since B&D took over. Look at the Makita range very good drills.

Thanks Gents

Didnt know that about B&D taking over Dewalt. Might get a Makita after all.

My use is professonal, My firm installs aircon in commercial building and occasionally in homes. We normally use corded drills for big holes (corebits etc) but increasingly I like the use of a a cordless for cleating cable and pipeworks into walls etc.
I suppose I want a reliable cordless with decent hammer.

Sponsored Links
i used to be a dewalt man, but i got fed up with the batteries packing up and some of their tools disintergrated on me. Ive switched over to hitachi and i have been very impressed with them. I rate them at diy to heavy trade!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back