18mm mdf door hinge ( inset )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Are there different types of Blum hinges to allow a door to sit within the frame?

Ive used butt hinges in the past and they don't last very long.

Blum hinge or euro hinge is what I want to use but not sure what one it is?

Any help will be great

Thank you

Sponsored Links
I don't think so. What material is the door and carcass made of. how about a piano hinge, spread the load over more fixings.
Apologies its in the title, pianos are what I have used in the past, glued and screwed with mitre mate

What you require is either a miniature butt hinge (try Wurth - I used to buy mine from them for this use) or a face-frame hinge such as these by Blum

Sponsored Links
I thought those face frames still only worked as overlays.

Thanks for the comments guys, the customer doesn't want a piano hinge because she doesn't want to see the spine of the hinge? But anyway,

I'm going to try a standard Blum hinge and try that first, maybe try mount it further back in the carcase

I'm going to try a standard Blum hinge and try that first, maybe try mount it further back in the carcase

If you want it inset, why use a standard hinge rather than an inset hinge? I'm sure blum have them, though the first one I found and linked above is some other brand.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to do...

I'm making an airing cuboard in a bathroom and the client wants an mdf door inset in a liner I'm putting in and I want to use Blum hinges,

But, Blum kitchen hinges are overlay? I.e the door sits on the face.

I'm going to try using them but set further back in the carcase :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 553
Blum kitchen hinges are overlay? I.e the door sits on the face.

The most common ones are, but the "inset" ones are .... inset!

I'm going to try using them but set further back in the carcase :)

Don't do that. Use an "inset" hinge. Like the one I linked in my first reply.

Any idea what the measurements are to put in a carcase?

Where to mark for the hinge :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back