18mm Straight Connector - Chrome

6 Mar 2014
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to extend a shower and all the pipe is 18mm.

I have bought some new 18mm chrome pipe (which is common) and the intention was to insert a piece so i have have the shower head higher up the wall.

The issue I now have is how do I connect 2 pieces of 18mm chrome pipe together. I need a chrome 18mm straight connector but nobody I can find sells one? I don't understand 18mm chrome now seeming to be fairly common on showers but there are no fittings to go with it?

Can anyone advise. I considered using a 3/4inch chrome (equal straight) connector as the compression might eat up the extra 1.05mm but I can't find one of those either! :unsure:
Sponsored Links
I'd use a chrome-plated 18mm XPress coupler, but I have the technology ;) You might be able to hire a press gun and 18mm jaws from somewhere though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links