18th Edition.

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
CLICK

Drum roll - Fanfare

"Metallic pipes entering the building having an insulating section at their point of entry need not be connected to the protective equipotential bonding (Regulation 411.3.1.2)."

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
This was in the draft version, but in that article is just glossed over without even suggesting what the regulations say: 'Two new regulations (542.2.3 and 542.2.8) have been introduced concerning earth electrodes.'

In the draft, they required an earth electrode on all TN installations - the vast majority of such installations currently do not have one.

What happened to 8, 7 and 6?

333....what do you need 3 days for????
I wont do a course unless the company pays, more likely be a 1 day course, was just pointing out the cost of the course, just seems to be all about money and as chiver says all you do is get taught to pass, theres no real teaching.
I knew my tutor at the 17th and less than a year before he knew less than most of this forums members

I seem to remember when I went for the 17th update exam, there was a short paper and a long one.

I read wiring matters, not as cut and dried as reported else where. But as far as pipes go there is a real danger bonding a gas pipe, if due to bonding high currents pass through the pipe then it could melt the pipe and also ignite the gas. So with a TN-C-S installation one has to be very careful with any bonding, as yet it seems uncertain how it will be worded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back