18v Ryobi One+ Range - 2013

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is anybody familiar with the Ryobi One+ Range currently on sale in B&Q?

I am in the market for a few new power tools - drill, jiggy, circ.saw, impact driver etc. This 18v battery range seems reasonable at first inspection. Is Ryobi gear generally well made to mild/medium duty use?

Ive looked around the net/forums and found a few comments on this which seem to be generally positive, though mostly from 2008 time. Can anybody offer their opinions on a more recent experience?

#light-medium user.

Sponsored Links
i have over 30 tools from the ryobi range as well as dewalt and bosch blue
the ryobi will tackle around 80% off what the big boys toys will at 40% off the cost
and i rate ryobi as diy and light to medium trade look it up :D

happy with the drills i bought at the end of last year but if i was using them on site work etc id have to buy a higher capacity battery, the run time on the supplied units isnt that great (1.4ah lith ion)

Sponsored Links
happy with the drills i bought at the end of last year but if i was using them on site work etc id have to buy a higher capacity battery, the run time on the supplied units isnt that great (1.4ah lith ion)

I supposes this applies to any brand drill thought running a 1.5ah battery. I have a Hitachi drill with 1.5ah battery - its fantastic and I can rotate my 2 batteries all day and get my jobs done in my light-medium capacity. I couldn't take it on site though and hammer it all day. Not because its a bad drill though. Put a couple of 4.0ah batteries with it and it would be fine.

But is your Ryobi drill still a good drill?

i have over 30 tools from the ryobi range as well as dewalt and bosch blue
the ryobi will tackle around 80% off what the big boys toys will at 40% off the cost
and i rate ryobi as diy and light to medium trade look it up :D

Hi Big All.
I had a feeling you would be one of the first to respond. As I read through some threads before posting this your name came up quite often as a lover of Ryobi.
I have already read your "I rate Ryobi..." thread....but this was from 2008 and I suspect applies to maybe the last generation of their products or the blue ones.
I was looking for a more upto date review of their products (maybe from anyone who has bought them recently) - the green 18v One+ range available in B&Q today.

Thanks though Big All. Appreciate your view and Ryobi dedication all the same. Sounds like you do value their products, so they must be doing something right. eh? :eek:)

I supposes this applies to any brand drill thought running a 1.5ah battery. I have a Hitachi drill with 1.5ah battery - its fantastic and I can rotate my 2 batteries all day and get my jobs done in my light-medium capacity. I couldn't take it on site though and hammer it all day. Not because its a bad drill though. Put a couple of 4.0ah batteries with it and it would be fine.

But is your Ryobi drill still a good drill?

Yes im very happy with them (i went for an 18v twin pack)

to be honest i doubt the the green stuff is much different
i got my second bit off green kit last week £15 more than the 2x 4ah bats and charger
build quality seems similar to the blue stuff although the trigger needs over 4kg before it turns :eek:
http://www.ryobi-direct.com/acatalo...attery_Cordless_Drill_Kit_.html#aCDA18022B4AH

the other bit is the multi tool again similar build quality
http://www.tooled-up.com/product/ry...requires-separate-one-battery-charger/196285/

have been trying to flatten the 4ah battery by striming the garden but it still has 2 off the 4 power segments alight after cutting all the grass :D :D

Not directly applicable, I know, but I've invested in pretty much all of the Ryobi 4-stroke "expand-it" kit, and quality seems good-to-excellent.

I must admit, though, that I know nothing of Ryobi-the-manufacturer, where it's made, etc.

Not directly applicable, I know, but I've invested in pretty much all of the Ryobi 4-stroke "expand-it" kit, and quality seems good-to-excellent.

I must admit, though, that I know nothing of Ryobi-the-manufacturer, where it's made, etc.

place off manufacture is irellivent really
with the same training
the same materials
the same quality control

it will be the same regardless off where it was built

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back