1930s diamond fibre roof tiles wanted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
i have just purchased an old bungalow and need some old roof tiles,i found some on the internet but they are retro and they are thicker and heavier than the ones on my roof made by cembit.

thanks

ps the tiles are laid in diamond shape and 400 x 400

Sponsored Links
The original are probably chrysotile based, you'd be hard pushed to find them i woud guess.

ok i will keep trying or its a strip and retile and i think that will be costly although its only a bungalow

thanks anyway

Sponsored Links
that would be great i will do that in the week,thanks

ps where is your yard,the ones i am looking for are 400mmx400mm and have fixing hole on two corners.

They are in Hampshire, TBH 1930s your on borrowed time anyway but if its some temp patching then fine.

thans for that,we are having a private survey on tuesday so the surveyer will probably tell us if the roof is kaput if so we will retile.

good move..... when you get your prices in remember the disposal costs will be very high approx 5x normal roof covering.

if they are what i think they are xenon has it spot on..
google it
However, without seeing them I cant say for sure...but probably

suveyors dont know everything, but hopefully your right.. the skip people will let you know if he is wrong.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back