Replacing 2 roof tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just after some information really,

I have lost 2 roof tiles due to some strong winds not long back. I have finally found someone who has the exact tiles I need, they are Tuileries De Beauvais red roof tiles with the diamond centre.

Now is it possible for me to do this job myself, is there any legality regarding scaffolding etc that I may have to adhere to.

I dont really want to be paying out a roofer if the job is fine to myself?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There is no legal reason for you to have a scaffold, common sense really.
Depends on the height, pitch of your roof and the access, generally a roof ladder is sufficient for small repairs.

There is no legal reason for you to have a scaffold, common sense really.
Depends on the height, pitch of your roof and the access, generally a roof ladder is sufficient for small repairs.

Thanks for that, I just thought there was some law now saying if I was to work on a roof I had to have scaffold in place

Please remember it's a long way down. It might be worth just phoning around to ask how much to refit 2 new tiles to your roof. Any roofer can even see it on Google, to see what it looks like.

A roofer will be used to climbing onto roofs - you may not.

Andy

Sponsored Links
I think that an employee of a company has to be provided with a "safe working platform" .......

........ but there are a large number of deaths and life-changing injuries (too serious to contemplate) caused by "falls from heights" and falls from ladders.

Look at the potential downsides to you and your family and employ a roofer. Why not ask around on this website for someone in your area?

Its not a problem for you to do it yourself, it depends on the pitch and how heigh it is for you to feel comfortable, and also its another thing to get off the ladder and another to get back on it.

Catlad is 100% correct in what he says.

I have done this sort of work myself but I wouldn't do it again - I'm older now and I have seen what can go wrong and the effect that it has on people's lives - life-changing injuries. It's a job for someone who is experienced in working at height on roofs.

All I'd say is that it depends on the pitch of your roof and if you feel comfortable replacing them yourself????

Only YOU will KNOW that?????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back