1st Fix Electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am at the stage to get the first fix electrics into my 2 storey side extension.
The studwork, floors and first fix plumbing are in but no ceilings or plasterboard up yet. I have now a bit of time before the electrician comes in.

My question is ..

Is it better to get the first floor ceiling in now before the electrician starts or will it be better for him to leave it out.

Ta.

Andy.

Sponsored Links
The electrician would appreciate it if the ceiling is not boarded, as it will be much easier for him to install the cables.

If you want to make yourself useful, you could fit wooden noggins in the centre of the ceilings for the centre light to be fixed to.

Don't do this if you are having recessed spot lights.

Sponsored Links
I agree. He won't be able to run wires if the ceilings are plasterboarded. Not without ripping up the nice new flooring...

What's happened, are the builders ahead of time? Or is the electrician late?

I think the big question is whether there will stil be easy access to the space above the extension's first floor ceiling. There may or may not be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back