1st fix

Trician is a member of NICEIC and I have checked him on their website.
Annoying thing is, I suggested him to the customer :oops: based on previous work he did on another job last year. :cry:
Inform them their work is pyss poor and the customer is not happy and was asking if there was a special complaints procedure to follow, with regards to contacting their scheme provider over this. That usually does the trick!

No Dot and Dab.
Well it's difficult to tell via picture but might get away with 12mm basecoat and skim.
But if the area is tiled, there could be allowances for boxes proud for tiles.

Sponsored Links
Does your electrician not own a spirit level or even a straight bit of wood?
He's related to the people who built my house, who appear to have believed that straightedges, spirit levels, plumblines, squares etc are all tools of the Devil.

This house had an extension added in 1957 which is the kitchen in question. We can't and neither can the water company find an stop-tap. We asked them to fit a water metre as the street stop-tap turns off four houses.

In fact the water company can't even tell where the water enters the property.

Where should the bonding go? Trician wants to fit it to the water pipe in the kitchen.

Sponsored Links
Well it's difficult to tell via picture but might get away with 12mm basecoat and skim. But if the area is tiled, there could be allowances for boxes proud for tiles.
As you say, it's difficult to be sure, but it looks to me as if those boxes are simply 'surface mounted', and they must be at least 25mm deep - in which case I would have thought that "12mm basecoat and skim" would probably leave about 10mm (maybe more) proud. Maybe they are going to be some very thick tiles :)

Kind Regards, John

Same kitchen, other side, the piece of wood is level!

Looks like the same location as in the first photo.

But now some of the cables in the wrong places have started to become concealed.

100% unacceptable, 100% in contravention of the Wiring Regulations, 100% guaranteeing that any EIC will be a forgery and if in England or Wales 100% a criminal offence.

:oops: Both pictures are of the same side of room. Sorry, will take picture of other side tomorrow.

It's me age...

John, man, you need to tell that guy to leave and not return.

Then, as parallel tasks, get a competent electrician in, tell whomever employed him of your concerns, stop payments, demand that the abysmal work be put straight, get it tested by an external assessor, send the bill to the original contractor.

That may seem like a lot but, immediately, you need to refuse this cowboy entry to your house.

and the far right 2G box is completely bent out of shape.

It really isn't hard to get 6 boxes on the wall square! (and unbent)

So presumably (and with all due respect to other posters) we are in agreement that the implementation is terrible.
Should we now be switching to recommendations for remedying the situation?

((sorry - end of a long day after a long week, so keen to get to the point :D))

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back