1st Laminate Floor Install...Quick Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am about to lay my 1st laminate floor and just want to pick the brains of experienced floor layers. basically...from the picture below...where would I be best starting my 1st row? Boards will be laid in the direction of the window (far end away from the door in the bay). Cheers in advance for any ideas.
Room.png

Sponsored Links
I'd start at the door, making sure you've got a suitable width board at the door and also where the hearth starts for it to look right (no thin slivers).

I agree with the above. If you were to start on the opposite side, your first full run of boards would be along the fireplace, and you would need to play around with a second start in the alcove such that they meet up.

I agree with the above. If you were to start on the opposite side, your first full run of boards would be along the fireplace, and you would need to play around with a second start in the alcove such that they meet up.
Cheers both.

Sponsored Links
I'd start at the main fireplace get it square in that area then check you have decent cuts on opposite walls and the doorway.

Yeah...i was thinking I might just have to dummy run with boards from chimney breast to opposite wall, juggle it so it's even both sides and then see if it leaves me a decent width for the 1st board on the threshold. We all know somewhere there is going to be a pain in the arris piece to cut

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back