kitchen laminate flooring question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice please.

I have laid many laminate floors, but not in a kitchen with unit legs to negotiate with!

In the 1st picture, how would you advise to cut laminate around the unit leg? I don't qant to leave a 10mm expansion gap at the side and front of unit leg as it would look horrendous.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.
20200919_085541.jpg
20200918_192539.jpg
20200918_192527.jpg

Sponsored Links
the end panel and plinth you cut to go onto the laminate flooring
The feet should be behind the plinth
At least thats how have done 4 kitchens, BUT just a DIYer

Remove end panels and plinths, cut laminate to finish inside these items then trim them to new floor height before you refit

Remove end panels and plinths, cut laminate to finish inside these items then trim them to new floor height before you refit
Not just end panels to floor , kitchen would need dismantling to fit as you mentioned and with panels on top have no expansion room.

Sponsored Links
are they end panels or unit ends ??
yes i would expect them to be end panels but you never know ??
i do flooring to under plinth and 10mm clear to the sides cut end panels and plinths to cover expansion joints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back