2 1/2" or 3" sashlock - rebated ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cant find any information any where for this.

I am fitting 2 new internal doors 686 and 762mm FD30's (Firedoors).

Do I fit a 2 1/2" or 3" sashlock ??

I'm sure the 2 1/2" will make the lock too near the door frame.

I have not bought the door lining yet, I see some Fire check linings are rebated, I assume I will then need a rebate kit for the sashlock, am I right in thinking this kit helps the lock sit partly in the rebated area ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
a 3" puts the knob or handle, and the keyhole, further from the edge of the door, which makes them easier to use, especially if you have extra wide doorstops sometimes found with firedoors, or big hands. If you like doorknobs, you will bang your knuckles on a 2½" lock.

IMO 3" also looks better.

I think you will find the rebated linings have the doorstop machined from the solid, rather than nailed on. If so, they should be better quality and more expensive, but you will not need a rebate lock kit as these are for rebated (overlapping) double doors.

Thanks
As I suspected, 3" is better, for the money cant see why you would want to fit a 2 1/2" lock.

Ahh, so rebated just for double opening doors then ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back