2.5mm² for a lighting circuit? (And why not in a ring??)

Sponsored Links
There's a good case for putting some of your lights on fused spurs off the ring main. That way, when a light bulb pops somewhere and trips the breaker in the CU, the room won't be plunged into darkness. :cool: :cool: :cool:

PS: Some rooms might have table lamps plugged into sockets already. What about the kitchen? :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Hello again everyone.

I'm not the type of person that HAS to have the last word in any argument, but after reading some of the responses above I feel compelled to say something about my conduct on this thread, as well as others.

I have already apologised for offending some of you with my ignorance, but with safety at stake I'd be very negligent not to bottom-out a few issues. I really do take on all of your advice, even if it takes a while to sink in.

Which brings me to the point of removing posts from a thread.

At the risk of making this personal I'm surprised, Holmslaw, that you needed to waste your time deleting all the useful things you had to say. Your message on 28 May was a very encouraging and helpful post, and you earned my respect from being big enough to "move forward".

Deleting posts won't make any difference to my project now, but it will deprive other people who are 'just visiting' this thread from getting useful information from you and many other professionals. If I viewed this thread as a new visitor, I probably wouldn't take any of your advice seriously here or anywhere else you've posted. It's a shame.

I don't mind being lambasted over the web. I'm not in any way a troll, but I do like to ask the awkward and the obvious, and to question conventional wisdom.
It's what I get paid to do, and it's in my nature (but I'm not an architect).

I REALLY DO appreciate everyone's comments and advice, and do (eventually!) understand the information - check out the other threads I've posted on.

It would have been easier for me to slip away quietly and never be heard from again.
If anything else I feel encouraged to keep posting on this Forum, still asking the awkward and the obvious.

God help you all! :evil:

PS: This IS the last time I'll post on this thread. I think we'll all agree it's veered too far from the technical and has got far too personal!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back