2 cold radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The two radiators in our downstairs extension are cold, and have never worked since we moved into our house last november. Also I am having to reduce the pressure in the boiler every day as it creeps up from 1.5 bar to over 2.0 bar. I have replaced the thermostat valves on both these radiators and have flushed them out and added sludge remover, but no luck.
When I bleed the radiators after a few minutes they begin to warm up, but when I stop they go cold again!

Any advice much appreciated

Cheers

Joni

Sponsored Links
Any advice
Firstly, stop doing things to the system for no particular reason other than you can't thing of anything else. You're wasting your time and money and possibly doing more harm than good.

Basically you've got two options. 1- spend many hours reading posts on here to gradually build up an understanding of the system and what might work, or 2- call in a professional heating engineer.

If you opt for 1- , then start by looking at all the similar posts and see what we said about those. Look out for references to balancing and filling loop letting by. Try searching on those terms.

Usual trick is to turn all the others off and force all the pressure down the problem radiator (one at a time) - this usually clears the problem then you turn the others back on a little at a time to balance.

Check the valves at the other end from the TRVs are fully open, gently with pliers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back