2 Gang FCU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I dont suppose such a thing as a 2 gang FCU exists?

I have a double socket in the corner of a room with a spur that runs outside to the shed, just wanting to change this socket the an FCU short term until I run a dedicated feed from the CU.

It does have an FCU at the shed end currently, but it still leaves the T&E in buried conduit between the shed and house unfused.

Sponsored Links
Why not fit a back box
AP636.JPG
like this have a single socket and an RCD fused spur to the shed.

The cable really should be replaced with an SWA in the long term is the spur to the shed just 2.5 T&E?

They also do a 2 + 1 dual box, which could be better as youd still have a double socket.
We use them at work, haven't a clue where you get them from though.

They also do a 2 + 1 dual box, which could be better as youd still have a double socket.
We use them at work, haven't a clue where you get them from though.
rexel senate carry them in stock. as do probably many others.

Think the OP justs wants a twin socket sized FCU for convenience though, in which case one could be made up using a 3 gang gridswitch with a 20A DP switch, fuse holder and blank.

Sponsored Links
Spot on Hairyben, its only temporary on a room that has just been decorated/plastered, so fitting a new backbox isnt really an option for me.

I like the grid switch idea, will probably go down that route.

I really wanted to leave the SWA for a few months yet as i've decking to install plus various lights in the garden so would make sense to do it all at once.

Also yep just 2.5 T&E in buried plastic conduit, to be honest it tested out fine on the PIR a few months back, but I never liked the setup and always intended to change it anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back