2 gang -> socket and separate appliance switch (not cooke

Sponsored Links
While using a 15A socket would avoid the conceled fuse I don't see a whole lot of point, if something is badly enough wrong with an appliance that it takes out the plug fuse then the appliance will almost certainly need pulling out anyway.

Well I should really have said "that only you would do", as knowing that you've got a 32a ceeform on your bloody cooker...... :rolleyes:

It is a daft and pointless idea. If you're going to chop the plug off an appliance, just use a flex outlet. ("Blah blah blah but but but isolation when the repair man comes blah blah blah")
The whole point of having a socket down there is that a new appliance just plugs straight in.

I know domestic electrical tinkering is your hobby (second to internet trolling of course), but I stand by my assertion that it is a stupid idea and you'd struggle to find many other people in the whole UK who have such an arrangement.

Peace out.

Well I should really have said "that only you would do", as knowing that you've got a 32a ceeform on your bloody cooker...... :rolleyes:
There's nothing wrong with that.

Except to the hard-of-thinking.

It is a daft and pointless idea.
Mind you, you are good at being wrong.

I know domestic electrical tinkering is your hobby (second to internet trolling of course),
Sometimes spectacularly so.

but I stand by my assertion that it is a stupid idea
Fair enough.

Some people stand by their assertion that the world is flat.

They are wrong.

and you'd struggle to find many other people in the whole UK who have such an arrangement.
I don't know how many do, and how many don't, but I actually don't give a toss because I'm not hampered by a limited intellect.

Sponsored Links
There's nothing wrong with that.

Except to the hard-of-thinking.

It is a daft and pointless idea.
Mind you, you are good at being wrong.

I know domestic electrical tinkering is your hobby (second to internet trolling of course),
Sometimes spectacularly so.

but I stand by my assertion that it is a stupid idea
Fair enough.

Some people stand by their assertion that the world is flat.

They are wrong.

and you'd struggle to find many other people in the whole UK who have such an arrangement.
I don't know how many do, and how many don't, but I actually don't give a toss because I'm not hampered by a limited intellect.

You are a pathetic little man, Banal.

So when I suggested that the socket might be one which takes an unfused plug (a design, BTW, which I have seen suggested by more than one person on more than one forum on more than one occasion over a period of several years), you wrote:

"Yes but no one is ever going to do that because it's a stupid idea that only you have come up with (and I bet even you wouldn't do it!) "

When I pointed out that all of those assertions were wrong, you repeated some of them, tried to make out that you were justified because I decided that what I wanted in my kitchen was to have a non-fixed appliance plugged in rather than have it hard-wired, and then accused me of being a troll.

And you think I'm a pathetic little man?

You're deranged - your dislike of me has caused you to take leave of whatever vestiges of rational thought you had.

I wonder, as I often have, how much longer the people on this forum are going to have to put up with you making critical posts which cannot in any way be justified simply so that you can give vent to your dislike.

Your behaviour is childish and petty - will you just grow up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back