2 Lights from 1 Ceiling Rose

I see sorry, I'm getting my terminology mixed up, when I said that I was going to run a cable of to the side I meant that I was just going to use an extended flex on the second pendent so that the light could be hung 3 feet away.

I understand the difference now, you cant make the rose do something it wasnt built to do but it is ok to link a third rose into the circuit.

Ta

Sponsored Links
I was going to connect two pendents to the same rose by connecting both to the same terminals.

When I say I was going to do it, this is only a theoretical question, I wanted to know if it was possible, that's the whole point of this thread.

Anyway, the questions been answered, it isn't possible, it's not allowed and so it won't work.

Even if it was allowed, they would both hang straight down. That's why they are called pendants.

Sponsored Links
when I said that I was going to run a cable of to the side I meant that I was just going to use an extended flex on the second pendent so that the light could be hung 3 feet away.
How was that going to work?
A hook in the ceiling, a bit less than 3 feet from the rose, I guess - but, as you've said, it's a bad idea, for all sorts of reasons!

Kind Regards, John.

I have actually seen it done like this in a house I once lived in. The flex was about 4 foot long and run along the ceiling and wound round a hook. Thats what gave me the idea so i was looking for an easy way to put a second light in.

I have actually seen it done like this in a house I once lived in. The flex was about 4 foot long and run along the ceiling and wound round a hook. Thats what gave me the idea so i was looking for an easy way to put a second light in.

You can do that if you want, but you can still only have 1 flex coming out of a rose.

And your names.

Yep, i forgot i already had an account but my computer at home hadnt. My computer at work automaically logs me into the other. I only noticed when I started getting some email notifications at home and and others at work... I'm still the monkey though:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back