2-pole 2-way switch as 'electrical accessory'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a need for a 2-pole 2-way ('2-pole changeover') switch.

I have plenty of toggle and rocker switches which would do the job, functionally speaking, if I mounted them on a 'blank plate', but wondered whether anyone is aware of any 'electrical accessory' that would fit the bill (maybe a grid component/module?) - i.e. one which could go straight onto a standard back box. 5A or so capability would be adequate.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I don't. ... Normal two-way switches powering a relay ?
Thanks. A normal one-way switch powering a relay (with c/o contacts) would actually do, but I don't really want to use a relay. As I said, if needs be, I'll just use an 'ordinary' 2p2w switch.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I found that one for here but seems people are referring to on/off as two way in a lot of places.
Thanks. I found a fair few described at DP or 2-pole and "2-way", but most have so far turned out to be 2-gang SP or, as you say, just 'on'off' (i.e. 1-way).

Kind Regards, John

Have you seen the picture of the reverse?
I looked but couldn't find one - I'll have another look! Watch this space.

Edit: Don't need to watch for very long. That's odd, I'm sure that the pic of the reverse to look at wasn't there when I looked for it! Anyway, you're obviously right - a definite paucity of terminals!

Kind Regards, John

I wonder if any manufacturer's 3-gang 2-way light switch could be "combined" with their fan isolator switch?

I'm thinking you could have a normal 3-gang light switch mechanism but with a giant fan-isolator-like rocker operating them.

I wonder if any manufacturer's 3-gang 2-way light switch could be "combined" with their fan isolator switch? I'm thinking you could have a normal 3-gang light switch mechanism but with a giant fan-isolator-like rocker operating them.
Interesting thought. I did think of trying to find a way of 'sticking together' the rockers of a 2-gang switch, but it would probably take a fair bit of effort to make it look better than naff.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back