2 pole mains flex connector?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a tv on the wall in my kitchen and there is a largish hole in the wall behind but not big enough to fit a plug through (so it trails down the wall at the moment :D. Now I know I could just cut the plug off , thread the cable through and fit a new plug but that is going to be a pain if it needs to come down. Is there a small inline connector I could use near the tv which could be quickly unplugged? I am thinking like the two prong mains connector that goes in the back of a power supply or stereo but never seen the other half of that connector as an inline version?

I could always use a connector block but was loking for something a bit more friendly.

Sponsored Links
Standard IEC C13/C14s (AKA "Kettle lead") are available as inline plugs/sockets that you can wire up yourself. You can even get them with little teeth that grip onto the earth pin to stop you accidentally pulling them apart.

Not sure if the smaller C7/8 are available in that manner though.

I'm not sure its a great idea putting a TV Flex inside the wall anyway, surely it would be far better to install a socket behind the set, and plug it in?

Sponsored Links
Standard IEC C13/C14s (AKA "Kettle lead") are available as inline plugs/sockets that you can wire up yourself. You can even get them with little teeth that grip onto the earth pin to stop you accidentally pulling them apart.

Not sure if the smaller C7/8 are available in that manner though.

I'm not sure its a great idea putting a TV Flex inside the wall anyway, surely it would be far better to install a socket behind the set, and plug it in?

Yeah I have seen the kettle lead ones before - like on the old CRT monitors - thats a possibility but still quite chunky.

The wall is actually a disused chimney breast so the hole just goes through the wall and then down the chimney so the cable wont be plastered over or anything and dont really want to put a socket on the wall if I can help it. I also want to squeeze some thing coax and HDMI cable through this wall but thats a bit easier :D

Does your TV not have a removable powercord that you can just unplug at the TV end if you need to move the TV?

Does your TV not have a removable powercord that you can just unplug at the TV end if you need to move the TV?

no - dont think I have ever come across a tv that does have a removable power cord! My LCD computer monitor, the small thing it is does have a kettle lead socket but both my tv's are just hard wired flex coming out the back.

My panasonic tv has a standard IEC C14 inlet on the back and ships with a right angled C13 power cord, so they do exist!

all 3 of my tv's have detachable power leads, I was under the impression that was the norm these days

Never seen a C7 wirerable trailing female before (the one with the pins).

You can get C7 extensions though, you could use the connector Securespark links to (or similar), and cut this in half, jointing it to the TV flex with securesparks connector:

$(KGrHqF,!k0E67ynY32KBO3yk!w4fg~~60_35.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back