2 port valve vertical mount

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've bought some Salus 2 port motorised valves for an underfloor heating system - to be mounted before each manifold. Does anyone know whether these can be mounted vertically?

Thanks very much,
Josh

Sponsored Links
You can mount them any position you want.
Some 2-port valves? You only need one to add ufh.

You can mount them any position you want.
Some 2-port valves? You only need one to add ufh.

Thanks for your reply. As for multiple valves - I've been told I need one on the flow to each manifold.. Not so...?

I've got UFH on three floors with a manifold on each floor and controller for each manifold..

Cheers,
Josh

Sponsored Links
Unusual eh..? If I could do it with just the one valvenI would leap at the chance.. Any chance I could give you a bell to discuss? If you're in London I'd be happy to pay you a consultancy fee for a visit and some expert advice. I'm a complete novice installing this system..

Cheers,
Josh

I would be interested to see how he is going to do it with out 2 port valves, each manifold needs a valve to shut it off when the other zones are calling for heat.but you never know always something new to learn

Little misunderstanding here. Multiple valves for multiple manifolds are fine. The unusual bit is ufh on all floors. I am not a great fan of ufh personally, but others love it.
The one thing I don't like about it, is the long delay between turning on/off, and the time it takes for the room to react to it; it can be several hours.
The upside is that steamers work fabulously well with ufh due to the low temperature that is required for ufh; with 50C on the flow and (hopefully) 30C on the return, you get a fantastic efficiency.
Feel free to ring me, but not TOO early in the morning, especially weekends! :evil:
I am not in the habit of charging for a bit of advice, as long as it doesn't end up being an hours' long distance learning exercise.

Hello again... Got the boiler plumbed in now. I've also got a water cylinder but that's using the electric element now which works fine. Eventually, I'd like the boiler to be feeding the cylinder as well but for now I've just hooked the boiler up to the UFH.

What I was hoping to find out was: Should I use a 3 port valve to share water flow between the cylinder and UFH (ie either UFH or DHW or both), or keep it simple with a 2-port valve (either UFH or DHW).

Just wondering how often I'll need both DHW and UFH at the same time and how easy it is to configure that with a modern programmer.

Finally, what should I use to control it all? Digtal or mechanical? I was looking at the Horstman H47 - 4 channel mechanical programmer (1 for each floor and 1 for the cylinder). Pretty steep at £130 though...?

As always, any advice mighty welcome.

Cheers,
Josh

You will need at least 2 zone valves.One for H/W and one for Heating.
More if you want to split it up into zones.
It will NOT work with Y plan valve.

Don't use Horstman, it is horrible cheap junk, worse than sunvic.
Siemens it the best, closely followed by Honeywell. Salus works, but a bit budget range.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back