2 Pumps on a Hoover Performa 1100, 1 with power 1 without?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just been stripping the back pump on a Hoover Performa 1100, due to lack of discharge of water, sure enough, out of the pipes came a 5p and some nails, I cleaned out the pump and all seems to be working well, them I noticed a similar pump at the front end of the machine (filter end), this pump had no electrics connected to it or any signs of wires cut off etc, when I disconnected this pump and tried the electric wires from the first pump the 2nd pump worked ok, which brings me round to the questions?

1. Should both pumps be wired up to work on discharge?

2. Can I run both pumps off the same two electric wires, making the necessary adjustments with spade connections etc? :?:

Thanks for any views Jim ;)

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Just an update on the 2 pumps: the pump at the front which has no electrics fitted to it goes to the front drain plug, which just unscrews and when you do there is no filter attached it. (nothing with perforations). Now this pump does have a pipe running off it into the centre of the drum. (either to pump back in or take out excess I think?)

The back pump which is connected to electrics does have a sump and the grey plastic drain pipe attached to it.

The sump also branches off to the front pump so the problem I can see is that any water that goes to the front pump, will just
remain there and go stagnent, unless manually drained? Any views?

Sponsored Links
Front pump is a circulation pump. It pumps water back into the drum, supposed to give a better wash.

I thought it was, I just can't work out why there is no sign of a electrical connection for it?

Should be two wires going to it, if memory serves me right they run down the front of the machine.

Sponsored Links
Yeah I had a good luck, but no sign of any stray 2 wires, maybe somebody disconnected them and forgot to put them back, it might help if I knew where they should be connected to on the circuit board?

Anyway as long as the machine works ok without them!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back