2 pump's

mysteryman the cooker has it's own pressure guage, high limit stat and reset
the problem is where the main pump is situated if left there it cannot send the flow back up from the hotpress to the flow in the attic to the conservatory
now is it feasible to move the existing pump to the attic and it will then overcome this problem??
without the need for a second pump

Sponsored Links
the problem is where the main pump is situated if left there it cannot send the flow back up from the hotpress to the flow in the attic to the conservatory
now is it feasible to move the existing pump to the attic and it will then overcome this problem??

I think you may be getting a wee confused Les? A main circulator should be sited at the appliance.

What make, model and power output of boiler do you have?

My irish translater is on holiday at the moment so could you tell me what a "hotpress" is in English please?

Sponsored Links
hotpress = airing cupboard.
it's a benetone burner
the output is 35kw

delta t just to clarify this is not a system boiler
the main pump and e/v are remote from appliance as is the filling loop.
if i use the 1 pump and move it into the attic it is only about 3-4 meters from the cooker
if that is the case there would be 1 z/v in the attic and the other 2 z/v would be in the hotpress below the pump
hope this makes sense
thanks

delta t just to clarify this is not a system boiler
the main pump and e/v are remote from appliance as is the filling loop.
if i use the 1 pump and move it into the attic it is only about 3-4 meters from the cooker
if that is the case there would be 1 z/v in the attic and the other 2 z/v would be in the hotpress below the pump
hope this makes sense
thanks

Sounds like an idea!!

Tony, Tony my auld chum, for someone that has a vast knowledge, you make me laugh....................What's a 'Hot Press'?.......... :LOL: :LOL:

See Tony our Irish chum lives in a country where land is not at a premium, not like that sh.t hole London that you call home.

matt1e
just got an attachment from horstmann tech for wiring of 2 pumps
but they don't have 1 for either the h37xl or the h47xl
they are in my album
thanks

matt1e
just got an attachment from horstmann tech for wiring of 2 pumps
but they don't have 1 for either the h37xl or the h47xl
they are in my album
thanks

View media item 24996
ok there you go I have adjusted theirs, in case you are going to go this route
changes to horstmann terminations are in red, I have not put in a overrun
facility (are you sure you need one) but if you need one I will add it
I also have added four extra terminations (no's 21 to 24 ) as you will need at least one of them

Matt

matt1e thanks
if you get the chance could you add the pump overrun
great help

matt1e
was looking at h37 & h47 diagrams and it looks to me like i could use the h37 for what i need as the ufh has its own pump ,w/s ,blending valve & programmer
would it be possible to adapt the h37 diagram or am i looking at this the wrong way
also matt the relay you have added in is a changeover
does that mean only 1 pump can operate at a time or can both pumps operate together
also you seemed to suggest to me that you did'nt need a pump overrun
does that mean i could just use an abv instead
thanks

That's good stuff Matt, I'm impressed! Which takes a bit of doing on this forum mate!!
Thanks for sharing.

matt1e uploaded a sketch of the h37xl with the relay
any chance letting me know what you think
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back