2 single pole switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combination device, two switches on one device, two terminals on each side. The power is coming into the switch along with two separate lights. I want to control one light with one of the switches and the other light with the other switch. Do I connect all three white wires together; the black from power source to the terminal with a terminal fin ( joining both terminals) the other two black wires from the lights on each of the terminals on the other side of switch? If I'm wrong, please suggest the correct method. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, as I don't know about Canadian electrical wiring/colours etc, but if I read your question correctly you want to switch two lights using a twin switch device. You have power coming in and the wires from each light.

If I could work out how to post a diagram I would, however without that, here we go.

The live (hot) wire from the power needs to go to one side of each switch. The terminal from the other side of one switch is connected to one light, the other terminal on the second switch to the second light. The returns from both lights are connected to the return/neutral of the power.

I have read elsewhere (from yankeesparky) that white is neutral, green earth and hot any other colour so what you're suggesting sounds Ok. If in doubt seek advice.

Sponsored Links
Back