2 step dimming fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my ceiling light is a 2 step dimming/mood light. One mood is faulty so the pull switch needs to be pulled 3 times to get any light.
Does anyone know of a fix for this, I'm not bothered about having 2 moods/brightnesses, just fed up of having to pull 3 times to get any light.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
I don't want to dim the lights, just somehow change it to a normal light not a 2 step dimmer light

Sponsored Links
Yes I'm in UK

When I installed light to ceiling i bought normal cord pull switch. Some time later realised that each pull produced one of two moods in sequence. Some time later again, one mood stopped working, that's where I am now.
Moods= cool, warm.

When I installed light to ceiling i bought normal cord pull switch. Some time later realised that each pull produced one of two moods in sequence. Some time later again, one mood stopped working, that's where I am now.

If the pull cord switches are simple on or off switches, then the dimming is done by the lamp or fitting itself. In which case, that is where the fault must be.

I realise that the fault is in the lamp but just wondered if anyone familiar with this type of lamp knows how to maybe insert a strap to send each "on" signal to the cct that still works

Hi, my ceiling light is a 2 step dimming/mood light. One mood is faulty so the pull switch needs to be pulled 3 times to get any light.
Does anyone know of a fix for this, I'm not bothered about having 2 moods/brightnesses, just fed up of having to pull 3 times to get any light.
Thank you
However, you have not specified a Brand nor a Type Number for the "2 step dimming /mood light" concerned.

Also, is it a complete "light fitting" or just a globe/bulb/lamp?

While I now cannot find an on-line reference, Lamps of this type tend to work by
going to "Full Brightness" when first turned ON,
going to OFF when turned OFF (not surprisingly),
going to "Dim Brightness" when next turned ON,
going in OFF when turned OFF
going to "Full Brightness" when next turned ON,
and so-on, ad infinitum,

If "one mood is faulty (Non-Operational)" there is no way to "fix" this,
except by getting a new "Lamp" of the appropriate "2 step dimming /mood" type
OR
if you are "not bothered about having 2 moods/brightness"
just replace it with a normal Lamp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back