2 STONE IS GOING!!

Found it useful to record and research points for what I'd eaten.

Getting to a class was always a non starter for me I'm afraid.

Sponsored Links
Simple formula - calories out > calories in, then lose weight.

No, not quite that simple.

While NOT an Atkins style diet, there is a doctor out there (forget his name) who advocates eating far fewer carbs than we currently do, as the body can metabolise carbs if it needs them from the other food groups we consume.

He maintains that we can eat fatty foods providing they are the right kind of fat and still lose weight.

im trying to put weight ON....you wouldnt believe how difficult it is.. :(

Sponsored Links
im trying to put weight ON....you wouldnt believe how difficult it is.. :(
It is difficult specially if your metabolic rate is higher than average unless you have an underlying medical problems which you can be tested by your Gp

my problem is i dont eat enough..............and i cant sit still :rolleyes:

on the bright side.....ive gained 3 pounds in ten days......and ive kept them on...which is a good start.

Might be easier for you have protein shake which is fast and easy

Goggle protein shake for women to gain weight which increase muscle mass rather than fat, don't worry if you think you will get bulky muscle, it's impossible because female do not produce enough natural testosterone

Never listened to any fads or diets, there is no need to, eat more, more fat appears unless you stay fit, simple.

my problem is i dont eat enough..............and i cant sit still :rolleyes:

on the bright side.....ive gained 3 pounds in ten days......and ive kept them on...which is a good start.

Now put your handbag down and step back on the scales. :LOL: :LOL:

I have lost 2 stone in the last 2 years. Started as a bit of a joke with the dinner ladies at the school i was working at who were all complaining how hard it was to lose weight.

Did no more excercise (in my job, sitting down is rarely an option0 but did make a consious effort to eat more healthily. It surprised me how much better i felt within a few weeks. I think it also helped that i weghed myself regularly and did not worry too much if i put a pound or sometime two back on.
I have now moved on from the school but keep in regular contact. It is a boost when you revisit and you get the comments about how much better you look.

So to date i am a little over 14 stone, so have a little way to go to be "ideal" as prescribed by the know it alls.

Never listened to any fads or diets, there is no need to, eat more, more fat appears unless you stay fit, simple.
Hmm, not quite true, it's complicated because we've got good fats and bad fats, we all need fat to lose weight, it's important to eat the correct balance diet,

Update

Now on week 15 and have lost a total of 19lb with me weighing in at 11st 12lb.

Not coming off as fast as I hoped but the experts state that you should only expect to lost 1 lb a week so I am on target.

Still in the overweight range re my BMI but will keep trucking on until I get to aroung 10 .5 stone I think.

Congrats to Coljack. :D

Exercise speeds up the metabolism but you need to do your exersise first thing in the morning. Nothing to eat, cup of strong coffee and 30/40 mins exersise, then you first meal of the day.

You need to do more than 20 mins exersise a day.

Check out Horizon Three Minutes of Exercise with Michael Mosely, sorry I am no good at postings links.....apparently its the latest idea...and its very effective supposedly as good as three hours.

sorry Bahco I omitted to say well done....I think the last few pounds are probably the hardest....fortunately I stay slim, but if I do gain the odd few pounds they are always a devil to lose and a pound a week is good progress....good luck :)

grrrrrrr....... no spell checker on this ipad :evil: :oops:

Sponsored Links
Back